Sunday, February 24, 2008

My babies have a home!

I'm so excited that at least one part of my sewing room project is done. Ta Da!



My wall isn't square so there's little bit of a gap behind the table at places, but I'm okay with that. I've mounted the surge protector onto the wall, so at least nothing but foot pedals are on the floor. The mounts of wires are beautiful, but I guess I can't be too picky.

I did something I saw in a workbench book: I drilled little holes in the back for my lamps. That way I have one less thing to take up counter space.

The most important thing is that it fits! I can swoop my chair to any of the machines and they all feel like they are the right height!

Now that I've done the absolutely easiest thing in this room I'm going to try building drawers. If I can get them square I will be so happy.

4 comments:

shorty said...

I just found your blog and am loving your new room! I am also only five foot, well right under!hehe Did you make your sewing station lower to fit you better? OHHHH how nice that would be! I also want to know how you know how to build!
Shorty

Marcia said...

Hi Shorty,

Here's a post where I figured out the correct height for me: http://pimpmysewingroom.blogspot.com/2008/01/vertically-challenged.html

So, yes, it is lower than most tables. Only 25" off the ground, but it works for me.

As for learning: My dad helped me some, then I read a lot of books. (I don't have the title of my favorite book with me, but I can get it if you want) Oh, and making lots of mistakes.... lots of them :)

Anonymous said...

What type of shelf did you use for your table? Could you tell me where you bought them. I really like the shine and glossy finish.

Learn2Sew from PR

Anonymous said...

I found the information on another page. Thanks!

Learn2Sew