Sunday, May 11, 2008

Proof of concept

I actually made visible progress this weekend! DH helped me make all the long cuts on the big 4'x8' sheets of plywood. And here's what I got:

Now, nothing is actually put together except the drawers, but this is the idea. One long plank on the bottom, two sides, plus three dividers. The first three columns will have stacks of drawers. One large one on the bottom for patterns, and then two smaller ones on top for pressing aides, thread, and misc. The last column will have shelfs for large patterns (like Jalie) and my notebooks.

The drawers are 24" deep because that was the longest rails I could get reasonably. The back will be just shelving. Here's a side view:

To the left are the columns for the drawers, to the right will be what's against the window in my room. So, not the most easily accessible storage, but still present. And all this will be on casters, so I should be able to get to it without much trouble.

This weekend I'll be in St. Louis visiting a friend, and the next week is me time for working on my sewing room!

No comments: